Whenever the summer is hot, eat some cold cucumbers or Italian zucchini, which can help weight loss, relieve heat and replenish water, and can also be used as skin care products. However, although cucumbers are mostly presented in salads, they are generally considered vegetables, but did you know that cucumbers are actually fruits? Like melons such as watermelons, cucumbers contain seeds, which are the part of the plant called the ovary, or fruit. In any case, fruits and vegetables are nutritious, and cucumber is no exception. Cucumber is the most popular weight-loss food, because it is so sweet. Even if it is not cooked, eating it raw can instantly make you refreshed and cheerful. The following will introduce the health benefits of cucumber.
What is the benefit of Cucumber? Not Only for Weight Loss!
- Strengthening Bones
Calcium is not the only nutrient to keep bones strong. Vitamin K is also important. You can choose cucumbers rich in vitamin K. According to a foreign study, two consecutive postmenopausal women who took 5 mg of vitamin K per day had 50% fewer fractures than the control group.
- Promoted a Healthy Weight
There is no food or exercise alone that can lose or maintain weight. However, cucumbers can definitely be an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Their detoxifying diuretic potassium can help with weight loss, and propanol helps inhibit the conversion of carbohydrates to fat. And if you eat more vegetables, then cut back on junk food, as they can be a food of satiety but low-calorie ingredients, with only 15 calories and zero fat per 100 grams of cucumber!
- Beauty and Keep Young
Because cucumbers are high in electrolyte potassium, they may reduce sodium-induced water retention in the body, which can lower blood pressure, according to the American Heart Association. Cucumbers are one of those health-supporting foods, but of course, cucumbers won’t mitigate the damage of eating a whole bag of potato chips every day. Also, if you have high blood pressure, make sure you cut back on harmful habits (such as smoking, a sedentary lifestyle, and eating too much saturated fat and processed foods).
- Fights Cancer and Inflammation
According to research, cucumbers contain a group of polyphenol antioxidants called lignans, which may help treat estrogen-related cancers, according to foreign research. Plus, cucumbers contain other antioxidants like beta carotene and flavonoids, which help fight inflammation and protect cells from chronic disease.
- Strengthening Bones
- Sufficient Electrolytes and High Water Content
Cucumber is mostly water, which is also rich in electrolytes, so it is suitable for replenishing water in summer or after exercise. In addition, adequate water intake is important for preventing constipation and kidney stones. In addition, sliced cucumbers can be added to water, and some mint can also be added to add flavour to the water to replace the drink.
- Cucurbitacin Prevents Cancer
As a melon plant of Cucurbitaceae, cucumber is also rich in Cucurbitacin, which may have the effect of inhibiting the proliferation of cancer cells. Although cucurbitacin has a good effect in the experiment, the actual anti-cancer effect still needs more research. It is worth mentioning that in the past, some people often ate bitter loofah, which led to continuous diarrhoea. In fact, it was the result of excessive intake of cucurbitacin.
- Promote Cardiovascular Health
The American Heart Association encourages people to consume more fibre, because fibre can help reduce the formation of cholesterol and maintain cardiovascular health. Cucumber contains a lot of fibre, especially in the skin. It also contains potassium and magnesium, which can increase potassium intake, prevent high blood pressure, and help heart health.
- Lower Blood Sugar and Prevent Diabetes
Research points out that cucumbers can help prevent diabetes. Foods such as cucumbers and zucchini can reduce the risk of blood sugar spikes. In addition, cucumbers are low-GI (glycemic index) foods, low in calories and rich in nutrients. Regarding the effect of lowering blood sugar, there is another theory that cucumbers can stimulate insulin secretion and help regulate the metabolism and conversion of blood sugar and glycogen.
- Anti-inflammation Avoid Sunburn and Edema
Cucumber has an anti-inflammatory effect. So directly applying cucumber slices on the skin, which has a cooling and soothing effect, can reduce redness, swelling, itching and other inflammation symptoms, and can also relieve sunburn symptoms. If applied on the skin or eyes, it can reduce the symptoms of morning edema.
- Lot of Fibre Helps Defecation
Lack of water can easily lead to irregular bowel movements, which is the symptom of constipation. As mentioned earlier, cucumber contains a lot of water and fibre. The soluble fibre-pectin can promote gastrointestinal motility, helping people defecate regularly and maintain intestinal health.
- Sufficient Electrolytes and High Water Content
How to Eat Cucumbers
- Is there a difference in the weight loss effect of raw or cooked cucumbers? The difference in weight loss effect is actually not big, but raw cucumber retains more vitamin C; the oil content of the cooking method will also affect the calories. For example, wash and eat raw cucumbers, or add a little olive oil and vinegar to make salads, which are healthier than soaking them in oil.
- How to choose fresh cucumbers? If you want to choose fresh, tender cucumbers, they should be bright green in colour, slightly prickly, full of water, and firm to the touch, not soft. The more obvious and dense the thorns of the thorny cucumber, the more tender the cucumber, and the crisper and sweeter the taste. The skin of artificially cultivated thornless cucumbers is relatively smooth, crisp and juicy, but the taste is relatively mild.
- How to store cucumbers correctly? Fresh cucumbers can be wrapped in kitchen paper, put in food bags, and stored in a cool place. Putting it in the refrigerator will easily cause moisture loss and soften the body.
Precautions for Eating Cucumber?
- Anyone taking blood-thinning medications should ask your doctor before consuming large amounts of cucumber, since cucumber contains vitamin K that helps blood clot.
- Cucumber contains enzymes that decompose vitamin C, which is not harmful to the human body. However, if eaten together with fruits and vegetables high in vitamin C, it will reduce the intake of vitamin C, such as bell peppers, broccoli, kiwi fruit, etc.
- Avoid eating cucumbers with peanuts, as it may cause diarrhea for people with poor gastrointestinal function.
Cucumber Weight Loss Recipe – Fry Italian Zoodle with Scallop
What is Zoodle?
Zoodle is a name derive from zucchini noodles, which use a machine to make spiral noodles from zucchini.
- Italian Cucumber (Zucchini) 1
- Scallop 8 pcs
- Cherry tomato 8 pieces (halved)
- Red Pepper Flakes 1/4 teaspoon (if using 1 fresh chili pepper is also ok)
- White wine 1/4 cup
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Garlic 3 pieces chopped
- Some cheese (optional)
- Black pepper 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1.5 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Make the zucchini into noodles (zoodle). Use a spiral plane specially designed to make zoodles to shave the zucchini into a long “spaghetti” state. The price of the spiral planer varies from ten pounds to hundreds of pounds. We recommend a good quality with higher price.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to the zoodle, mix well and set aside for 10-15 minutes. (It helps to remove the excess water from the cucumber, and it dries out when it is fried later!)
- Heat up a pan, add olive oil, minced garlic and red pepper flakes, fry for about a minute, add the scallops and cook until golden brown on both sides. Reserve half-baked.
- Rinse the zucchini pasta to remove excess salt and blot excess water with kitchen paper.
- Preheat a pan, add zoodles and cherry tomatoes, add white wine and lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the scallops and mix well, season with salt and black pepper, then serve. Sprinkle with grated cheese before eating.
Book Recommendation For Weight Loss
Supplement For Obesity
Benefit of Spirulina
- Rich in a variety of nutrients, it can be called a natural multivitamin.
- Aid in weight loss.
- Beneficial for male infertility.
- Beneficial for allergic rhinitis.
- Good for fatigue.
- Beneficial for chronic hepatitis C.
- Beneficial for Thalassemia.
- Beneficial for NAFLD
- Improve nutritional status.
- Increase detoxification.
- Beneficial for hyperlipidemia.
Benefit of Now Foods Omega-3, Molecularly Distilled 30 Softgels
- Fight Depression and Anxiety.
- Improve Eye Health
- Promote Brain Health During Pregnancy and Early Life.
- Improve Risk Factors for Heart Disease.
- Reduce Symptoms of ADHD in Children.
- Reduce Symptoms of Metabolic Syndrome.
- Fight Inflammation.
- Fight Autoimmune Diseases.
- Improve Mental Disorders.
- Fight Age-Related Mental Decline and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- May Help Prevent Cancer.
- Reduce Asthma in Children.
- Reduce Fat in Your Liver.
- Improve Bone and Joint Health.
- Alleviate Menstrual Pain.
- May Improve Sleep.
- Good For Your Skin
1. Maintain Heart Health
2. Treat Mental Illness
3. Help Lose Weight
4. Support eye health
5. Relieve rheumatoid arthritis symptoms
6. Maintain skin health
7. Helps baby vision and hand-eye coordination
8. Reduce liver fat
9. Improve symptoms of depression
10. Improve ADHD in children
11.Improve memory in the elderly
12. Improve asthma symptoms and allergy risk
13. Improve bone health
Benefit of Vitamin D-3
1. Reduce fracture and fall risk
2. Good for migraine
3. Beneficial for NAFLD
4. Beneficial for sarcopenia
5. Beneficial for chronic urticaria
6. Benign paroxysmal postural vertigo
7. Beneficial for sleep disorders
8. Beneficial for knee osteoarthritis
9. Beneficial for pneumonia prevention
10. Beneficial for new coronavirus infection
11. Reduce the incidence of preeclampsia
12. beneficial for autism
13. Beneficial for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
14. Beneficial Cancer Events
15. good for TB
16. Beneficial Helicobacter pylori infection
17. good for gestational diabetes
18. Beneficial for blood lipid regulation
19. Boost male hormones (androgens)
20. Reduced low birth weight and small gestational age births
21. Aids in weight loss (weight loss)
22. prevent cardiovascular disease
23. good for multiple sclerosis
24. Beneficial for asthma improvement
25. Beneficial for major depression
26. Beneficial for Type 2 Diabetes
27. Reduce premature birth rates
28. Beneficial for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
29. Beneficial for older people’s athletic ability (walking speed)?
30. Improve lower back pain?
31. Beneficial for atopic dermatitis
32. good blood pressure regulation
33. Beneficial for female pattern hair loss
34. Reduce the chance of cognitive impairment
35. Reducing Cold Events: Acute Respiratory Infections
36. Improve breast cancer prognosis and mortality
37. Beneficial Fatigue Phenomenon
38. Beneficial for irritable bowel syndrome
39. Reduce the incidence of schizophrenia
40. Mortality of hospitalized patients
41. Reduces the risk of stridor and asthma in offspring£9.00