Recently, there has been a pomegranate juice craze in the world, and different types of pomegranate products are selling in supermarkets or pharmacies. The products include juice, vinegar, and cosmetics. Many women have ordered pomegranate juice, hoping that after drinking it, it can whiten, resist aging, and remove spots. Red pomegranates are made into airtight pomegranate juice, which is not only convenient to drink, but also easy to store. But after making pomegranate juice, will the nutrition of pomegranate be lost? What are its functions?
Nutrient composition of red pomegranate
Red pomegranate is not high in calories, only 60 calories per 100 grams. In addition, red pomegranate also contains malic acid, citric acid, vitamin group (C,K,E, B2,folic acid, pantothenic acid), not only rich in potassium, but also contains multiple phytonutrients (anthocyanins, ellagic acid, polyphenols) with great nutritional value.
3 major effects of red pomegranate
1. Improve skin anti-aging ability
Red pomegranate is rich in vitamin C and other vitamin groups, which has excellent anti-oxidation ability, and the pomegranate polyphenols contained in red pomegranate itself (including ellagic acid and flavonoids) also have high antioxidant properties.
Since modern life is full of pollution, processed food and stress, these elements will increase the free radicals in the human body and accelerate the aging of the human body. Therefore, it is very important to take in nutrients that can resist free radicals and antioxidant capacity. Eating more red pomegranates can strengthen the skin’s antioxidant capacity, strengthen the skin’s resistance to ultraviolet rays, and effectively delay the body’s aging speed.
2. Anti-inflammation, strengthening autoimmunity
Anti-oxidation ability can also enhance the body’s immunity. When the concentration of free radicals in the human body increases, cells such as proteins, lipids, and DNA in the body may be damaged by free radicals, causing autoimmune diseases, such as allergies, brain inflammation, poor mood, depression, and lack of sleep. The inflammatory condition also increases the risk of cardiovascular disease. Eating pomegranates can help reduce inflammation in the body, improve immunity, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, and improve mood and overall quality of life.
3. Prevention of cardiovascular disease and cancer
According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition research report, drinking pomegranate juice for 2 weeks can increase the activity of antioxidant enzymes (Paraoxonase, PON) in the body by 20%, and reduce the low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) is oxidized, thereby preventing cardiovascular hardening. In addition, the ellagic acid contained in red pomegranate can effectively inhibit colorectal cancer cell lines, and it is also effective for breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer and leukemia, which have the same effect.
Selection and storage methods of fresh red pomegranates
When selecting pomegranates, it is better to choose the brighter and fresh skin color, and pay attention to whether the skin is shriveled, cracked and bruised. Avoid picking frosty white powder at the top corolla. The larger the pomegranate fruit, the higher the percentage of pulp, and the heavier the weight, the more juice it contains. The skin of fresh pomegranates should be thin and elastic, and the corolla at the bottom of the fruit should be moderately hard. Pomegranates can be eaten directly after they are bought, without being cooked. The most suitable storage temperature is between 0 and 5 degrees Celsius. Pomegranates that are free from blemishes and in good condition can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Purchasing and Drinking Precautions for Pomegranate Juice
This type of pomegranate juice is cheap, convenient and easy to store, and is a great way to replenish the nutrients in pomegranates. However, it is recommended that the public pay attention to whether the product has been certified by a qualified inspection agency when purchasing (due to different laws and regulations in various countries) and whether the product clearly lists the ingredients and any substances that are harmful to the human body.
Recently, the Food and Drug Administration detected that some brands of pomegranate juice contain sweetener “saccharin”. According to domestic regulations, this ingredient is limited to special nutritional products, not general foods such as pomegranate juice.
Those who take blood pressure medicine should consult a doctor first
In addition, pomegranates are fruits that contain fructose. Especially diabetic patients must pay more attention. In addition, patients taking antihypertensive drugs or statin blood lipid-lowering drugs should consult their physicians before eating red pomegranate, so as not to affect the efficacy of the medicine.
Book Recommodation – Click The Books To Buy
Supplement For Cardiovascular Health
Benefit of Vitamin C & Bioflavonoids
- Enhance immune function, prevent colds It can help white blood cells fight bacteria and viruses and enhance immunity.
- Promote wound healing It is a nutrient required for collagen production. Collagen is an important component of connective tissue, which can maintain a tight arrangement between cells and promote skin wound healing.
- Whitening, anti-aging, skin health.
- Anti-cancer, antioxidant.
- Delay the occurrence of cataracts.
- Prevent cardiovascular disease.
1. Maintain Heart Health
2. Treat Mental Illness
3. Help Lose Weight
4. Support eye health
5. Relieve rheumatoid arthritis symptoms
6. Maintain skin health
7. Helps baby vision and hand-eye coordination
8. Reduce liver fat
9. Improve symptoms of depression
10. Improve ADHD in children
11.Improve memory in the elderly
12. Improve asthma symptoms and allergy risk
13. Improve bone health
Benefit of Vitamin E
- Reduce the oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids
- Helps maintain cell membrane integrity
- Improve skin and blood cell health
- Helps reduce free radical production
- Improve your chances of getting pregnant
- Maintain youthful energy
- Maintain health
- Stay away from sensitive conditions
- Promote circulation in the body
- Regulate physiology
- Good for female fertility
- Helps maintain the normal secretion of thyroid hormones.
- Helps maintain normal growth, development, neuromuscular function.
- Regulates cellular oxidation.
- Improves cognitive memory function (under stress)
- Benefits phenylketonuria
- Good for depression
- Benefits schizophrenia
- Improves narcolepsy/narcolepsy
- Can improve human immune function.
- Can prevent cancer and fight cancer.
- Can protect the heart muscle.
- Protects the liver.
- Is an antioxidant.
- Can be involved in the treatment of diabetes.
- Protects and repairs cells.
- Improve vision and prevent eye diseases